This is our first casual meeting designed to be have a wealth of information on almost every aspect of apartment ownership, management and investment strategy. After 20 years of working hand and hand with apartment owners in our brokerage, we’ve learned lots, and happy to share. However, this casual style get-together will have no formal presentations. We want to know what you want to know and ALSO, we hope you will be willing to share your insight.
We really hope you can attend and help us with meeting. It should be fun and worth your time. If you are not able to attend, let us know if there is anything we can help with outside the meeting.
Professionals that will be at the meeting for specific questions
Denise Holliday, atty., Hull Holliday and Holliday, Landlord Tenant Act and Fair Housing
Bob Myers, Avant Garde Mgmt., Repositioning to maximize rents and property value
Joe Calloway, Asset Preservation Inc., 1031 exchanges
Stacy Martin & Gina Ducy, CoStar & Apartments.com, Commercial database and resource for obtaining tenants
Terry-Ann Shepstead & Tanya Whitney, American Title, Benefits of using an experienced commercial escrow officer
2929 East Camelback Road, Suite 204, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Mindy Koehnen, Bank Financial, A new apt. lender for our area
Jenny Handke – CPA & Matt Everroad – CPA/Partner, Eide Bailly LLP, Impact of new tax laws
Deanna Jordan, AMA, Benefits of AMA membership to apt. owners
Linda Fritz-Salazar & Scott Trevey, KLCG, Metro Phoenix apt. market insight
Potential Discussion Topics
The Dynamics of our Apartment Market
- Is it time to sell / buy – what’s the future of the local apt. market
- How will rising interest rates impact property value
- Are there more “affordable” housing projects planned that might be competition for “C” rental range apt’s
- What should apt owners look at in the single family housing market to anticipate a change in the multifamily market.
- How to reposition a property to maximize cash flow or overall value
- What are the most cost-effective amenities to add to maximize rents?
- If your apt’s are condo mapped, what’s the process to dissolve the condo mapping and reduce the overall taxes
- How to use Sec. 8 tenants to create huge resale value. How do appraisers and banks look at Sec. 8 income.
- Is it worth changing your apt’s to senior housing?
- Tax Strategies and Trusts – How to implement them and prepare the transfer of assets.
- Light Rail/Impact – how to take advantage of Light Rail and mass transit
- If you use a management company, what should you do to oversee them?
- Is it worth providing incentives to management companies?
- What’s the benefit for an owner of smaller apt’s to be an AMA member?
- With rising insurance rates, who offers the best terms/rates for refi.?
- What should be included in an insurance policy? Are riders worth paying for.
- How to lessen your water/server bill by showing the City that part of the water for landscape goes back into the ground, not just the sewer.
Buying Apartments or not
- If buying apt’s, how to verify that rental tax is current. If not – liability?
- If you’re tired of apt. ownership but still want to be a real estate investor – consider making a exchange into Triple Net national tenancy or office, etc. Realize the benefits of real estate investing without the headaches of multifamily.
- Non- recourse Financing – How to be prepared for the next downturn!
- What Tax Changes will have the most impact?
- New Fair Housing Laws – what are common breaches in Fair Housing by owners
- How do the new Medical Marijuana Laws impact your property?
- New concerns for doing evictions properly
- Companion animals, Service animals